Q.What is Continuing Health Care?
A. Continuing Health Care is a package of care which is provided and funded by the National Health Service. 

Q. Who is eligible for Continuing Health Care?
A. A person can be found eligible for NHS continuing health care if they can establish that they have a primary health need rather than a social need. 

Q. I've heard that my claim may be out of time. Is this true?
A. The Department of Health has introduced various deadlines for people who think that they or their relative may have been eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare for certain periods. Contact us and we will advise you. 

    Q. My mother/father is deceased. Can I still claim?
    A. Please contact us, so that we can discuss your individual circumstances.

      Q. Do I need authority to pursue with a claim?
      A. Yes. To pursue a claim you will need to be in possession of one of the following documents:

      • an Enduring/Lasting Power of Attorney
      • a Deputy Order (from the Court of Protection)
      • a Grant of Probate
      • Letters of Administration
      If you are not in possession of any of the above documents, our in-house team will talk you through every step of the way.

      Q. Does it matter that my relative is cared for at home?
      A. No. a person is entitled to NHS continuing health care regardless of where the care is provided. A claim can be made at a person's own home, residential home, EMI home, hospice or a nursing home. 

      Q. What will happen if my relative is found eligible for continuing health care?
      A. If your relative is found eligible for NHS continuing health care then the NHS will be solely responsible for paying your relative's fees.

      Q. If my relataive is found eligible for NHS continuing health care, will their care placement be jeopardised?
      A. If your relative is a patient in a residential home, it is possible that he or she may be transferred to a nursing home so that the correct level of care can be provided.

      Q. Will my claim be taken to Court?
      A. Court proceedings cannot be issued until the internal review procedure has been exhausted.

      However, it is very unlikely that your claim will need to go to court, as most claims will be resolved during the internal review procedure.

      Q. My relative is receiving Registered Nursing Care Contributions (RNCC). How does NHS continuing health care differ from RNCC?
      A. The Registered Nursing Care Contributions scheme is a care contribution payment.

      The NHS contribute a set rate towards a person's nursing care, whereas the NHS will fully fund a person's care if they are eligible for NHS continuing health care.

      Q. What if I cannot afford to pay legal fees for pursing a claim?
      A. NewLaw Solicitors offers a no obligation, confidential and completely free initial health needs assessment of your case.

      Q. How long will your assessment take?
      A. Once we have received all the information we require to carry out a free initial health assessment, we promise to write to you with our advice within 7-14 days.  

      Q. Can I still claim if my relative has already been assessed by the Clinical Commissioning Group or Commissioning Board?
      A. If your relative has already been assessed, but was not found eligble for NHS continuing health care, you may be able to appeal this decision. 

      Q. What to do next?
      A. If you believe that someone has wrongly paid care fees and may be eligible for a refund, contact us today for a free, no obligation assessment.

      Click the link below to complete our short Questionnaire or telephone us on local rate 0333 003 1909

      Continuing Health Care Questionnaire

      Latest NewLaw News

      Official NewLaw Feed

      Contact NewLaw

      0333 003 1909 Call Me Back
      linkedin twitter facebook YouTube