Can I claim for compensation if I am self-employed?

It is not always immediately clear whether a person is truly an independent contractor or in reality an employee. Much will depend upon the precise circumstances of the relationship concerned. In agriculture and forestry work, a person referred to as being an independent, self-employed contractor is often an employee for the purposes of health and safety legislation. Important factors can include who provided the work equipment and who was responsible for how the work was to be undertaken. To help claim compensation for your agricultural or forestry accident, it is best to contact a qualified and experienced solicitor.

Latest NewLaw News

Official NewLaw Feed

Contact NewLaw

0333 003 1909 Call Me Back
linkedin twitter facebook YouTube